Saturday, 1 August 2015

I am still saving hard and investing

I have not been online as much as I am looking after my newborn daughter, however I am still saving hard and investing. Obviously my income is down drastically as I am on maternity leave but this just means I have to make my money work harder.

Last week I was fortunate enough to reach Royal Mail dividend income. I recently sold lots of my Royal Mail shares so my dividend payment was much less than previous payments, however the dividend income was enough for me to invest in 1 more share. My total holding now is 43 which is rather pitiful but better than nothing.

I still have some National Grid shares and will be receiving a dividend payment on Wednesday 5th August, and some Legal and General shares which will pay me dividends in October. I will be reinvesting all these dividend payments back into these stocks in order to grow my holding.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! Great to hear you are still saving hard and investing! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I too will be on maternity leave before the end of the year, and I am wondering what it will do to my income.. I'm not sure whether I'll get just the State allowance or the potentially slightly better one from my temporary contract.

    I also have sold my Royal Mail, although I forgot to turn off dividend reinvestment, so ended up with ONE share! I also have National Grid, and have considered Legal & General.

    Glad to know you're still saving hard and investing. Keep up the good work!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog