Thursday, 11 June 2015

FTSE 100 Dividend Stock Watch List for June

I cannot believe it is almost the 12th of June already so I thought it was about time I updated my loyal readers with the FTSE 100 dividend stocks I am watching right now. I would be buying rather than watching but a lack of funds or rather the fact that my money is needed elsewhere is my problem but hopefully this will not be a permanent thing.

There are so many great FTSE 100 stocks or shares out there but there are a select few that I keep going back to and basically stalking their share price on a daily basis.

National Grid
Possibly my favourite FTSE 100 dividend stock right now.  I check the share price every day, not that it bothers me if it drops a little or rises a little but I just like to see how it is performing. Recently it took a little dip and I decided to top up my holding. I only have 96 of this stock but I am planning on adding more and more. It is such a solid company and I could not care less if the share price stayed at 860 pence forever more as long as the dividend yield stays the same. Each share gets you 42 pence per year so 1000 shares get you £420 a year. By the way if you have not been stalking the National Grid share price as closely as me you may have missed the fact that it dropped as low as 848 pence. I have no doubt that many shrewd dividend investors picked up a handful of shares as this incredibly low price. I will get a dividend payment in early August and this will entitle me to another National Grid share taking my total holding to 97. I know it is not fabulous but I am only starting out and this will grow.

Legal and General
The life, pensions and investments company was founded way back in 1836 and it continues to grow allbeit at a slow pace, however I do not care as slow and steady is definately the best way. The share price here was recently below 260 pence and I would have bought 100 shares except I spent my investing money on some National Grid instead. Oh well I cannot buy everything. Of course now the price is hovering around 265 pence which means 100 shares will cost me £5 more than what they would have done. I love buying low so I am checking every lunchtime to see if Legal and General's share price takes another little dip. Hopefully this will not happen until next week whenever my tenants pay their rent. I have already paid my rental mortgage this month so will be able to spend my rent money. I might just use the £265 plus trading fees to get my toes wet with this stock.

Royal Dutch Shell B
I have mentioned this oil company before and I am a massive fan of their huge dividend payments, however what I am not a massive fan of is the instability of this stock. The share price does seem to swing quite dramatically and when I read forums people are mentioning Greece being a negative influence. If I did shell out (pardon the pun) for this I would probably only be able to afford a miserly 20 shares so this has also stopped me from buying. The share price did dip below 1900 pence recently and I think it will do so again but I am not sure if I will take the bait and buy in or not. I am monitoring this company but am undecided whether to buy some shares or not.

These are the three main FTSE 100 dividend stocks I am watching like a hawk right now. It is most likely that Legal and General will enter my stock portfolio sooner rather than later. What stocks has everyone else got on their watch list this month?

2 comments:

  1. I think when oil price goes up , Royal Dutch Shell B will go up more in value. I am keeping my eyes on that share as well. If it goes down I might buy some more for the long term.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it going with your investment Laura?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog