Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Premium Bonds Winnings May 2015

I love my Premium Bonds especially whenever I win a prize. I have been relatively lucky recently and have managed to win three times this year and we are only in May.

I managed to win another £25 this month bringing my total winnings for 2015 to £75. This is a better return than I am getting on any of my savings accounts or ISAs as the winnings are tax free.

I have reinvested this prize money so now my total holding is £5075. I might have to withdraw some of my funds to go towards my new house but I want to keep them for as long as possible. Who knows when I may get a big win. I always check out the Premium Bonds big money prize winners to see who is in the money and how much of a holding they have. I am hopeful as I see someone with a £5000 holding won £100 000 and someone with a £6000 holding won £50000 this month. If you are not in you cannot win!

Did you get lucky with your Premium Bonds this month? What is your biggest ever win? Mine is still £25.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wins this year! I won £50 earlier this year but it was my first win in many years. My boss seems to win £25 regularly and he has less than £1000 worth of bonds - must have a lucky batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this, Laura. I have had Premium Bonds (admittedly a modest £200) since 2006. Won absolutely nothing in that entire time. I'd have to win nearly £70 just to keep up with inflation chipping away at the buying power of that money.

    It has not been the greatest investment in my life. But I will stick with it. I use it instead of the National Lottery. Slightly better odds (I think) and the money keeps getting turned over for further draws!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog